You can increase testosterone naturally by maintaining high testosterone bioavailability. Here’s what I mean. When you reach 40, decreased testosterone makes you feel weaker, breakable, and less sure of yourself.
In fact, after age twenty, natural testosterone levels drop 1% to 3% a year. A normal range of testosterone in your blood is about 240 to 830 nanograms per deciliter. This means that you’ll lose up to 80% of your testosterone by the age of 80. For men over 40, the effects of low testosterone are obvious.
Losing testosterone as you age should not be considered normal, nor should it be accepted. Studies have shown that the more testosterone you have, the less likely you are to die from ANY cause. But don’t seek out the seemingly quick solution of testosterone therapy from a men’s health clinic. You can increase testosterone naturally on your own with great results.
Can you have too much testosterone? Read testosterone side effects for more details
What about “free testosterone”. Most of the testosterone in your blood is bound to proteins like Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds to testosterone and effectively reduces free or bio-available testosterone.
In fact, nearly 98% of your testosterone is bound to proteins leaving only 1-2% available or “free”. Only free testosterone can connect with androgen receptors and produce the positive effects attributed to testosterone.
You have the ability to increase testosterone naturally and safely, restore your testosterone / estrogen balance, and increase your free testosterone without drugs and without side effects. Boost testosterone naturally and safely:
How To Boost Free Testosterone
* Boost total testosterone with testosterone boosting supplements
* Perform exercise that increases testosterone
* Lower your estrogen
* Control stress levels and reduce cortisol
* Block the testosterone binding effects of SHBG
* Maintain a testosterone boosting diet
So here’s how to naturally increase testosterone . . .
10 Best Ways To Increase Testosterone Naturally
- 1. Reduce Alcohol Intake and Reduce Smoking
- Alcohol reduces testosterone. Either reduce your drinking or eliminate it. Dry red wine may be OK in moderation and have little impact on your hormone levels. Smoking ruins testosterone production.
- 2. Eat Several Small Meals Throughout The Day
- Meals should include protein, vegetables, and monosaturated fats. Fats are important for testosterone production. Eating several small meals controls insulin and hormones. See details at Best Hormone Boosting Diet
- 3. Sleep Up To 8 Hours A Night
- Plenty of sleep is vitally important to testosterone production. You recover from stress and limit the effects of cortisol.
- 4. Consume Red Meat
- Eating red meat is shown to produce 23% lower SHBG and 3% higher free testosterone than vegans.
- 5. Eat Garlic
- Garlic has been shown to increase testosterone naturally in animal studies. Allicin found in garlic produces this benefit.
- 6. Reduce Body Fat
- Estrogen is stored in fat. Body fat also contains aromatase enzyme which can convert testosterone into estrogen. So lowering body fat is important to boosting testosterone. But don’t crash diet since that can halt testosterone production.
- 7. Reduce Cortisol and Reduce Stress
- Reduce stress since it elevates cortisol. Cortisol reduces testosterone levels. Less cortisol means more testosterone. Tips For Reducing Cortisol can help with a plan for lowering and controlling cortisol.
- 8. Exercise with Intensity
- You can boost testosterone through proper exercise. Resistance training such as weight lifting using basic movements with your largest muscles produces the desired effect. A high intensity bodyweight workout routine will also produce the results you’re looking for. See Best Hormone Boosting Workout
- Examples of weight lifting exercises are deadlifts, squats, bench presses, and rowing. You want to use relatively heavy weight and low reps and workouts should be held to 45 minutes or less.
- There are some good examples of programs that can boost HGH and increase testosterone naturally in Chad Waterbury’s HFT. This is bodyweight training that may be easier to continue as you get older . . . and you can do it anywhere! Check it out.
- 9. Reduce Estrogen
- You can reduce estrogen and boost testosterone by taking the supplement DIM. DIM (diindolylmethane) comes from plant nutrients found in cruciferous vegetables. Refer to the Guide To Reduce Estrogen for a plan to reduce this feminizing hormone.
- 10. Take Supplements Proven To Increase Testosterone Naturally
See Natural Hormone Boosting Supplements for a list and description.
(See Natural HGH Releasers – to learn about the impact of another powerful male hormone).
For more details on increasing testosterone, see Supercharged After 50.
Increase testosterone naturally, reduce estrogen dominance, and support growth hormone production! Mike Mahler Men’s Hormones is the most informative site I’ve seen offering advice and scientific basis on hormone optimization from years of testing and research.
Every man wants to know how to optimize testosterone and with good reason. And while testosterone is critical for men’s health and well being, it shouldn’t be the focus of the ideal male hormone profile. In fact, testosterone’s real attraction is its ability to convert into to a much stronger male androgen – dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Check out MikeMahler.com and get ready for an eye opener.
Increase Testosterone Naturally With This Workout
Since I started working out with mostly gymnastic rings and bodyweight exercises using the HFT exercise program, I’ve gotten much stronger and have added substantial muscle . . . and this comes after 36 years of working out!
After major rotator cuff surgery, my doctor said I would never again be able to do exercises like dips and bench presses. Now I use all body weight movements with rings. I enjoy the challenge and without any weight lifting my arms are the biggest they’ve ever been (consider how an Olympic gymnast’s biceps look).
I even travel with my rings and straps frequently staying in hotels for work and working out in my room. Check out HFT2 to get started immediately!